IT Networks Administrator
The IT Networks Administrator is responsible for handling first & second level support of service requests in a professional and timely manner. This relates to all technology, and includes: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Offer network-related 1st& 2nd line of support to our customers in a professional and timely manner.
- Configure, maintain and support clients’ networks, including servers.
- Install as well as integrate new server hardware and applications.
- Provide IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems.
- Have good knowledge of technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Ensure network security and connectivity.
- Have good knowledge of remote access solution implementation and support: VPN and Terminal Services.
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications and respond accordingly through service tickets.
- Handle system documentation maintenance and review in ConnectWise.
- Communicate with customers as required: keep them informed of incident progress, notify them of impending changes, and agreed outages.
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Offer a fast turnaround of customer requests.
- Work with the Service Desk Dispatcher to ensure requests are routed to the proper resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Escalate service requests that require engineer level support.
- Be responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as they occur.
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing the assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University.
- Enter all work as service tickets in ConnectWise.
- Carry out any other duties that might be assigned by Team Leaders or higher management.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Having previous work experience within the field of IT, specifically within the IT Systems Administration field will be considered an asset.
- Any certification with the field of IT will also be considered an asset.
- A Bachelor of Science in an IT related field will also be considered an asset.
- Have a Microsoft Intermediate Certification.
- Having an Azure Fundamentals Certification will be considered an asset.
- CCNA Certified.
- Having experience or knowledge of 3CX will be considered an asset.
- Have and advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems.
- Have good diagnosis skills with regards to technical issues.
- Have great technical awareness: able to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Able to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Able to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- A team player.
- Eager to work.
Interested candidates should send a CV and a Cover Letter on [email protected].