IT Systems Administrator
The System Administrator is responsible for maintaining the design and integrity of the internal systems, including customer-facing hosted and cloud environments, as well as providing technical assistance to team members with system and network requests.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Handling Second Level Support of Service Requests, being Remote or Onsite, as required, in a professional and timely manner.
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications, as well as virtual environments built on Microsoft, VMware and so on.
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, Microsoft 365, Azure and so on.
- Support disaster recovery solutions.
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix.
- System documentation and consulting services to include system reviews and recommendations.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, and agreed outages.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels.
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as they occur.
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University.
- Work through project tickets and phases in ConnectWise as assigned by a Project Manager.
- Enter all work as service or project tickets in ConnectWise.
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
Experience & Qualifications:
- 5 years of relevant hands-on experience within a technical environment.
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate and\or Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening, and customer care.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
Good to have:
- A BA/BSc, preferably in computer science or a related field will be considered an asset.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
- Great technical awareness: able to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Good diagnosis skills with regards to technical issues.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
- Able to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Able to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Has an organised approach towards work.
- Adapts quickly to new technology.
- Attention to detail.
- Eager to work.
Interested candidates should send a CV and a Cover Letter on [email protected]